"Charity Never Faileth"

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

December 10, 2011 Saturday

LESS THAN 24 HOURS.

I can make it. I think I can, I think I can. I keep telling myself that I've been waiting my whole life, I can wait a little longer. But when I don't kid around with myself, I admit, "OH. MY. HECK!!! I am going to go CRAZY!!!!"
I can't believe that I've made it this long. I am dying to know where I am going to serve. My heart has seriously been pounding inside of me since Thursday. I can't sleep at night, I can only focus on school for little bits at a time, my roommates think I've lost my marbles, and I don't have much else to talk about.
I sit in front of the computer screen with a big picture of my mission call on the screen. I just stare at it, and then stare some more. I've never been more excited to hold a white envelope in my own hands.
My mom sent me a message last night that said she had hugged my mission call good night for me, then quietly placed it back in hiding. My dad and Derek frequently wanted to see it, just to make sure it was still there. So...while my family is hugging MY mission call good night, I'm lying sleeplessly in a distant bed in Utah. OH, THE MISERY!!!! =)
Today I was sitting on the couch playing music on the lap top. Before they knew it, my roommates could hear me singing the blues about my mission call. Impromptu.
All my life, I've been waiting for...I've been praying for...that blessed call to come...one day, one day, one more daaaay....

No comments:

Post a Comment