"Charity Never Faileth"

Monday, September 24, 2012

Sister Ripplinger's Weekly Letter, September 24, 2012

My dear friends and family,

I am completely composed as I type this.... =)
Guess.....WHAT....?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?! We all got our new mission assignments last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are going all over the place!
I'm going to ROSEVILLE, CALIFORNIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The other sisters and their assignments:
Umphenour-Washington
Kim-Alabama
McInelly-Louisiana
Dransfield-Virginia
Zibetti-Washington D.C.
Petricek-South Carolina
Brown-Mesa, AZ
Garner-VEGAS!!!
Streeter-Montana

Last night, we had district meetings and then went over to President and Sister Gilliland's house for a "fireside". Sister Gilliland taught us how to be healthy and all for our new areas...then El Presidente' joined us in the living room. He whipped out a white piece of paper and smiled. We all squealed and panicked!!! Oh my goodness! This is it! These are our new mission calls!!!!!!!!!!! He sat calmly on his king chair and announced them one by one, alphabetically. We were all holding onto each other's hands with death grips and I could feel all of us trembling. =) haha I absolutely LOVED it!!!!! When he announced that I was going to Roseville, California I just knew that was the place for me. I'm SOOOOO excited! It's right by Sacramento. 

Earlier this morning, we went to an endowment session in the temple and I was praying for ideas of how to prepare in the next two weeks before I arrive in good ol' California. I have an article about Elder Oaks being interviewed by the press about gay rights and I haven't made time to study it yet. The press asks him several difficult questions and he answers them like an Apostle. =) I feel like I need to study that really hard and be ready to respectfully stand for families. I received several other promptings and I'm just really, really, really excited about going to California!!!!! YAY!!!!!! =D 

We fly out of St. Louis on October 9th! I'll probably have a few layovers and I'm excited to be in the airports again. =) I'm excited to be in a big town area, I'm excited for a winter in California. I'm REALLY, really excited to be able to teach in homes and I already love those people that I'm going to meet. Oh how great is my joy. =) This has gotta be the good life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I'll let you know my mission address and everything as soon as I know. =) 

I've loved being in Nauvoo and LOVED going to the temple once a week. I'm going to soak up these last two weeks and make the very most of them. 
Men are that they might have joy and we only have but one life to live, so let's live it up! =)



Love,
Sister Ripplinger

No comments:

Post a Comment