"Charity Never Faileth"

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Starting my mission papers...

I have officially started working on my mission papers!!!! My heart pounds a little harder when I think about them. It is such an exciting time, and a point that I have been waiting to reach. When I was 14, my mother and I were talking about how far off my mission was and we decided that it would be our joke to call the time until I turn 21, the "seven years of famine". Life up to this point has been absolutely wonderful and I have lived life to its fullest. Now I am moving forward into a time that I dedicate my life 24/7 to serving the Lord. I am going to serve a full time mission and do what I was fore-ordained to.
I knew that there would be troubles along the way and that Satan would try to stop me, but today I experiences something quite humorous. I was ready to scan and upload my passport and drivers license to the online recommendation system. My drivers license has been hidden in the same location ALL SUMMER LONG, but suddenly, was no where to be found. I chuckled to myself, "Oh boy, you have got to be kidding me!" I dug through all of my bags and every place I thought it might be hiding. It magically disappeared, right when I needed it for my mission papers. I know I will find it eventually, with a lot of prayer.
Something else that I found interesting... My mom had put a new ink cartridge into our printer not too long ago. Recently enough that there should be plenty of ink to print off my medical and dental forms. However, I tried to print them off, and suddenly there was no ink. I can see that Satan is going to try everything he can to stop me from serving. If it is the Lord's will, anything is possible. I know that I am supposed to serve a mission, and somehow, I will be able to submit my papers and get to the mission field. And serve with all of my heart, might, mind and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment