"Charity Never Faileth"

Monday, December 24, 2012

Sister Ripplinger's Weekly Letter, December 17, 2012


----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Heather Ripplinger <heather.ripplinger@myldsmail.net>
To: Nikki Ripplinger <bnripp@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2012 1:41 PM
Subject: Refiner's Fire

My dear friends and family,

This week was definitely one of growth and progression for me! I'm
grateful for weeks like this because they make me see life in eternal
perspective and really test my core testimony. This was probably the
hardest week of my mission and I am grateful for it.

First, I am so incredibly grateful for President Weston. He is such a
powerful example for me and everyone around him. I saw him this week
and when he got out of the car, he looked so tired as he rubbed his
eyes. But then as soon as he starts talking with his missionaries, he
somehow finds strength and treats you like you are the only person in
the whole world. Since I've been serving as an exchange sister, I have
begun to realize how many problems people have and how much a mission
president has stewardship over. Despite all of the load, he keeps
going and doing his very best, and stands strong. I know that he
relies on the Atonement with all of his being. I have learned so much
about the Atonement from him. I know that there is no way he could do
it on his own. The load is just too heavy and I know that he relies on
the Savior. Sometimes all I can do, is try to be like President Weston
and keep going. I know that I have so much less to worry about than
him, but it is hard, and it strengthens me to see him. He has been a
huge blessing in my life and his influence will stay with me forever
and ever. He genuinely loves everyone and he is so Christ-like. He's
one of my heroes!!!!! Even when the going gets tough, we have to keep
going. We can't let up, we have to keep doing our best. Even when
things don't go as we would like them to, we just trust that it is
Heavenly Father's plan and we do the best we can. I know that He
expects us to demand the very best that we can call down from heaven.

I got a letter from one of my friends this week that made all the
difference. It was a huge tender mercy and addressed exact things that
I were on my mind. I am so grateful for friends and family.

One of our investigators, Sean, was married to our ward member about
two months ago. Prior to that, they had been dating for EIGHT years
and he had never attended church with her. In the last month, he has
come two times, and said that he thinks he would like to start coming
every other week. We go over to their house each week and his heart is
opening up more and more. Whenever we come, he makes us these yummy
smoothies and he is just sooo nice to us! We are doing a musical
number this Sunday. Sister Nelson is playing a bassoon, Debbie is
playing her clarinet, Angel is playing the flute, and I'm playing the
piano!

Mary is the lady that has met with missionaries for years and years,
but never converted. Her husband finally did after years of the same
routine. This week, we had her teach us with Whitney, a young woman
that is preparing to leave on her mission in a few months. Our ward
mission leader was there and he said that is the most involved Mary
has EVER been in a gospel discussion and we found out what her main
concern is that has been holding her up for all these years. At the
very end of the lesson, the Spirit made it clear to me what we need to
address. It is so interesting how the Lord works. He knows all of our
investigators perfectly and He knows exactly what they need. We have
another lesson scheduled this week and it will be interesting to see
what happens. =)

Jacqueline is absolutely amazing. She wants to be baptized so badly!!!
Her husband wants to baptize her, but we aren't sure when he will be
back. He works out of the country and is waiting to hear about
immigration papers. We have taught her all of the lessons and she's
amazing. She just knows that it is true! She is part of the ward
choir, her kids are going to seminary, she has FHE each week, and she
loves to come to church. =) I love her fun, bubbly personality so much
and she is always a bright spot in our week.

Veronica is making some big decisions in her life right now. The
Heavens have been churning and I think something is going to happen
really soon. Heavenly Father is expecting a lot from her in her life.
I've received some very distinct impression about her these last few
weeks and I love her. She is one of the most elect people I've met.
I'm so grateful for her.

We have so much to be grateful for during this Christmas season.
Everyone has trials and challenges...and we always have so many
blessings!!!!! I am grateful for the weather here... I'm kind of
LOVING the fact that there is no snow. =) haha We have this snazzy,
little red car that we get to drive all around. I look out my window
in the morning and see a beautiful lake. The ward members here are
soooo supportive and wonderful. We have been blessed with wonderful
investigators. I get to live my life long dream and be a MISSIONARY!!!
I am so grateful to have the gospel in my life. I know that without
the Savior, I am nothing. But I'm so grateful to be part of His work
and to be part of His kingdom on the earth. I know that we are
children of a King and He loves us unconditionally and perfectly.

Thank you so much for your love and support. From the bottom of my
heart, I am so grateful. Thank you for your righteous examples and for
everything that you do for me. Keep on being strong! The world needs
you! I know that I sure need you. =) This has gotta be the good
life!!!!!

Love,
Sister Heather Ripplinger

No comments:

Post a Comment