"Charity Never Faileth"

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sister Ripplinger's Weekly Email Letter, February 18, 2013, Missionary Life!!!


Dear friends and family,
 
Time is just FLYING by and I can't believe it. Sister Benally and I are working like crazy and I absolutely LOVE her. She is always willing to do whatever is necessary and there are several days when we just eat a quick sandwhich in the car between appointments because we don't have time for a full lunch hour. She is willing to sacrifice everything and I love her for it.
 
Steve is doing REALLY well. This week we had a ceremony where we threw away all of the items he owned that were not in line with the Word of Wisdom. He showed up at church in a white shirt this week and just really happy. He is AMAZING!!!!!! He gets baptized in two weeks! He is such an example to us because he is so willing to do whatever is right.
 
We had our zone conference this week and it was AMAZING!!!! I loved it. President and Sister Weston have so many wonderful insights and they teach us by their examples. At the end of the conference, all of the missionaries leaving in the next three months bear their "departing testimonies". I wasn't even thinking about it. When my name was called, my heart kind of stopped. I went up and bore my testimony. As I looked out over my fellow California missionaries, my heart was full of gratitude for everything I've learned from them, for the experiences we have had together, and for all of the work that has been done. I'm not leaving Cali yet, but that made reality hit me a little bit. I am really grateful that I get to finish up hard with my dear Sister Benally in Loomis. We are going to run at a dead sprint all the way!
 
This transfer we get THIRTY-ONE new missionaries!!!!!!!! I am really grateful to know that I am staying right where I am. Today we are telling a lot of the elders good-bye that are getting transferred. There will be a LOT of new missionaries in our zone, which is really exciting. I can't believe a whole transfer has gone by already!!!!! There are a lot of exciting things happening in the missionary work!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
 
All of our investigators are doing really well. We have some baptisms coming up in March and it is really exciting to see all of them so excited for it. I'm grateful for this time to be with Sister Benally. I LOVE HER. I love this area and I love the people in our ward and that we are working with. I love it!!!!!
 
I hope that everyone has a wonderful week!!!!! We have but one life to live. Live it up!!!!!\
 
Love,
Sister Ripplinger

No comments:

Post a Comment